WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti’elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and non-binary folks to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
We are a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-mom, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together.
HOW WE WORK
Up With Women/Exponenti’elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation.
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000 based on experience.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, experienced, self-motivated go-getter who is excited about the opportunity to work and grow in a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity. This role is a one-year contract, and it carries the potential to grow to Regional Manager Western Canada or National Head of Partnerships. Other growth opportunities will be available as well.
Reporting to the CEO, you would be responsible for building our partnerships with agencies in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. You would also, as a secondary role, facilitate group learning sessions with clients and volunteers.
This opportunity is perfect for you if you are an energized, passionate and experienced partnerships developer and manager, excited to grow our agency relationships and program delivery in Western Canada. Your track record, insights, innovation and passion for building strong agency relationships will help shape our program delivery and impact.
You will be accountable for meeting partner development targets and growing our program delivery opportunities to align with the strategic plan.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of our energetic team, you will:
- Develop and maintain partnerships with various community agencies and organizations, shelters, drop-ins, neighborhood, immigrant and health programs and centers and local government agencies.
- Recruit volunteer professional coaches and build relationships with coach associations and schools.
- Deliver informative and engaging presentations to agencies and prospective agency partners and clients, virtually and/or in person.
- Work with the team to help build the coach and other skilled volunteer communities, assisting with the development of educational professional development sessions and group meetings.
- Develop and facilitate group sessions for clients and volunteers.
- Help recruit, interview and train new staff, clients and volunteers.
- Work independently while also operating as part of a larger team; be a self-starter and disciplined at managing time and tasks.
- Where needed, you will help interview and select clients and skilled volunteers for the Career Coaching program;
- Meet key program targets such as the number of agencies/clients recruited.
- Upon request, attend meetings to represent UWW and ensure follow-up.
- Cooperate directly with other members of the UWW team to obtain the information necessary for the preparation of documents for UWW Leadership.
- Perform other tasks/duties as requested.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Facilitation, sales and swashbuckling skills appreciated.
- Previous experience working in Non-Profits, Social Impact Organizations, Charities, Government or Community Agencies, including internships, is highly desired.
- Experience in the for-profit world is also appreciated.
- Trauma informed and Anti Oppression / Anti-Racist framework brought to the work.
- A passion for social impact.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree relevant to the position will be considered an asset, but not essential (our CEO is a high school drop out). 😊
- A combination of lived experience and non academic credentials is also valued.
- If you are fluently bilingual in French and English we will be over the moon!
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2021. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Thank you, in advance, for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.