WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti’elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and non-binary folks to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
We are a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-mom, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together.
HOW WE WORK
Up With Women/Exponenti’elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation.
We are committed to work-life flexibility and remote work, providing a 35 hour -on average – workweek, birthdays off, and other benefits. Details of your flexible working relationship are to be established between you and your Supervisor.
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
Salary Range: $75,000 – $90,000 based on experience.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, experienced, self-motivated professional who is excited about the opportunity to work and grow in a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity.
This opportunity is perfect for you if you are a dedicated, compassionate and hard working management professional in the social services sector. Your commitment to teamwork, mentorship partnership, collaboration and trauma-informed support and empowerment will help our team and organization ensure that more women and gender minorities in need are well-served and on a sustainable pathway out of poverty.
The Director, Programs & Diversity is responsible for establishing the standards by which programs will be delivered at Up With Women. This role requires a high degree of collaboration with internal partners to ensure an efficient and effective service delivery for participants and partners while ensuring global best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Reporting to the CEO, you would be responsible for managing a team of Francophone and Anglophone Regional Managers. This includes and is not limited to, project management, people management, recruitment, onboarding, OKR development and management and other responsibilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of our energetic team, your work will include the following:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of initiatives delivered within the French and English program delivery teams.
- Work with the program teams to establish, refine and execute on OKRs
- Plan, develop and organize the policies and procedures of these initiatives in English and French.
- Plan, administer and control logistics, timelines and budgets for these initiatives.
- Manage actions escalated by staff members.
- Monitor OKRs, portfolio process, procedure, progress, outcome, output and feedback.
- Direct and supervise a defined team of staff members in English and French.
- Advise and train staff members in the development and implementation of quality project and program management.
- Assign measurable objectives and responsibilities for tasks and decisions.
- Hire and onboard new program staff members and new resources.
- Establish and maintain relationships with new vendors and outsourced services organizations.
- Develop strategies and action plans, provide expertise in response to participant, partner and employee needs, and support and advise the Organization.
- Develop and implement structures fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace environment.
- Implement global diversity, equity and inclusion best practices.
- Represent the company within various social and economic organizations.
- Strategize priorities with external stakeholders, third parties and vendors.
Your duties may be changed by written agreement of all parties due to demonstrated operational needs.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- Fluently bilingual in French and English. Any additional language(s) may be considered a plus.
- Experience working in a senior position within an organization with proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading projects and programs at the executive level.
- Proven ability to lead and influence organizational growth exercising stewardship and leadership in charitable and not-for-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Sense of humour, purpose or both. This is a tough biz we’re in; purpose and humour gives us our superpowers. 😊
- Strategic planning skills and experience; and related diploma or certification with a demonstrated ability to track progress and keep record across multiple important priorities.
- Project and program management skills and experience; and related diploma or certification with a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion skills and experience; and related diploma or certification with a demonstrated ability to create and implement sustainability initiatives.
- Strong operational, analytical, communication, interpersonal and presentation competencies.
- Trauma informed and Anti Oppression / Anti-Racist framework brought to the work.
- A passion for social impact.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree relevant to the position will be considered an asset, but not essential (our CEO is a high school drop out). 😊
- A combination of lived experience and non academic credentials is also valued.
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter to: email@example.com by July 15, 2021. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Thank you, in advance, for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.