WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti’elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and non-binary folks to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
We are a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-mom, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together.
HOW WE WORK
Up With Women/Exponenti’elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation.
We are committed to work-life flexibility and remote work, providing a 35 hour -on average – workweek, birthdays off, and other benefits. Details of your flexible working relationship are to be established between you and your Supervisor.
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000 based on experience.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, experienced, self-motivated professional who is excited about the opportunity to work and grow in a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity. This role is a one-year, renewable contract.
This opportunity is perfect for you if you are a dedicated, compassionate and hard working service delivery professional in the social services sector. Your commitment to teamwork, partnership, collaboration and trauma-informed support and empowerment will help our team and organization ensure that more women and gender minorities in need are well-served and on a sustainable pathway out of poverty.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you would be responsible for growing and delivering our key Francophone and Anglophone program activities. This includes and is not limited to, outreach, recruitment, interviewing, vetting, training, onboarding, client and volunteer support, program events, and program conclusion.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of our energetic team, your work will include the following:
- Development and management of relationships with clients, volunteers, community groups, shelters, agencies and other stakeholders.
- Deliver informative and engaging presentations to staff, prospective clients, agencies etc. virtually and/or in person.
- Deliver key program activities, including: outreach, recruitment, interviewing, vetting, training, onboarding, client and volunteer support, program events, provider fairs, and others as required.
- Recruit, interview and select clients for various programs and case management once the program has launched.
- Cooperate directly with other members of the team to obtain the information necessary for the preparation of documents for the Regional Manager.
- Work independently while also operating as part of a larger team; self starter and disciplined at managing time, organization, critical thinking.
- Development and administration of surveys and check-ins for clients and partners.
- Plan, organize and facilitate regular client group session as required.
- Plan, organize and secure facilitators for speciality client-centred programming, adhere to documentation requirements and timelines.
- Provide other support as requested by the Regional Manager.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 3-7 years of experience as a Program Manager, Outreach Worker or equivalent.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English
- Sense of humour, purpose or both. This is a tough biz we’re in; purpose and humour gives us our superpowers. 😊
- Facilitation experience is highly desired
- Trauma informed and Anti Oppression / Anti-Racist framework brought to the work.
- A passion for social impact.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree relevant to the position will be considered an asset, but not essential (our CEO is a high school drop out). 😊
- A combination of lived experience and non academic credentials is also valued.
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter to our online portal by June 30, 2022. We will be interviewing on an ongoing basis. Thank you, in advance, for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.