WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti’elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and gender diverse individuals to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
We are a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-mom, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together.
HOW WE WORK
Up With Women/Exponenti’elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation. We offer a hybrid working environment (remote working combined with some office time) and have the tech-savviness to ensure a positive remote working experience.
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, self-motivated go-getter with demonstrated senior level management leadership experience who is excited about the opportunity to work and grow in a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the National Director of Programs, you would be responsible for managing the delivery of our key Francophone and Anglophone program activities, while growing our agency partnerships across Canada. You would guide and develop your program team, while collaborating with other colleagues to help further establish the Up With Women / Exponenti’elles footprint and brand awareness. This ever-evolving role requires a high degree of collaboration with internal partners to ensure an efficient and effective service delivery for clients and customers while ensuring best practices in diversity, equity and inclusion.
You will be accountable for meeting program delivery targets, including partner development, while growing our program opportunities to align with the strategic plan.
As part of our diverse team, your role may include accountabilities that fall under the following categories:
You will lead or collaborate with a team to:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate our Francophone and Anglophone program delivery, promotion and other relevant activities.
- Plan, develop and organize the policies and procedures of the department.
- Apply project and change management skills toward the improvement of program excellence, impact measurement and project development and delivery.
- Plan, administer and control logistics, timelines and budgets for your team.
- Manage high risk and high complexity actions escalated by staff members.
- Plan, develop and implement program monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Direct, manage and lead a defined team of staff members in French and English.
- Devise, plan and implement staff development strategies with particular attention to the maintenance of high performance standards, and alignment to organizational culture and values.
- Maintain performance management of team and team members with clear objectives and responsibilities for tasks and decisions.
- Provide annual performance reviews for your team.
- Engage and onboard new staff members, volunteers and consultants.
- Recruit Volunteer Coaches and other volunteer subject matter experts
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the organization-wide strategic plan.
- Develop strategies and action plans, providing expertise to support and advise the Organization.
- Develop and/or implement structures fostering an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace environment.
- Implement and/or maintain diversity, equity and inclusion best practices.
- Represent Up With Women / Exponenti’elles within various social, economic and community organizations.
Your duties may be changed by written agreement of all parties due to demonstrated operational needs and resource capacities.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a senior position within an organization with proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading projects and programs at the senior level.
- Proven ability to lead and influence organizational growth exercising stewardship and leadership in charitable and not-for-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and interface effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strategic planning skills and experience, with a demonstrated ability to track progress and keep record across multiple important priorities.
- Project, program and change management skills and experience, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Equity, diversity and inclusion skills and experience, with a demonstrated ability to create and implement sustainability initiatives.
- Strong operational, analytical, communication, interpersonal and presentation competencies.
- Oral and written French-English bilingualism is a must. Any additional language(s) would be considered a plus.
- High computer literacy skills.
- Trauma informed.
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter here by August 15, 2022. Thank you, in advance, for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.