WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti’elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and non-binary folks to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
We are a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-mom, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together.
HOW WE WORK
Up With Women/Exponenti’elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation.
We are committed to work-life flexibility and remote work, providing a 35 hour -on average – workweek, birthdays off, your own professional coach, training and other benefits. Details of your flexible working relationship are to be established between you and your Supervisor.
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000 based on experience.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, experienced, self-motivated go-getter who is excited about the opportunity to work and grow in a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity. This role is a one-year, renewable contract.
This opportunity is perfect for you if you are an energized, passionate and experienced Executive Assistant/Operations professional with Event Management experience to boot. Your commitment to accuracy, creative problem solving and service excellence will help ensure a brilliant organizational experience for our stakeholders, while ensuring our organization has the administrative structure and order it needs to effectively scale.
Reporting to the CEO, you would be responsible for supporting the CEO and board, while providing administrative and events management support to the organization.
You will be accountable for meeting operational targets and managing events opportunities to align with the strategic plan.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of our energetic team, your work will include the following:
Operations and Admin 80%
- Support CEO on UWW’s dashboard for management, Board, and external impact communications.
- Support CEO and Board in all aspects of board and committee management.
- Work with the CEO on all Board & Committee projects & requests.
- Support development of succession plans and updated job descriptions for staff and board positions.
- Support budget and operational plan development.
- Build and prepare reports and templates as needed.
- Manage the Toronto office and support regional and home based offices.
- Support managers in annual performance review process and reporting.
- Support ongoing tools, monitoring, and reporting of staff performance.
- Working with CEO, liaise with external HR consultants on team management issues that arise.
- Working with CEO, continue to advance UWW’s Diversity and Inclusion efforts, including supporting the creation of annual staff surveys, professional development, morale, and culture activities.
- Manage CEO’s inbox and schedule.
- Maintain effective filing system (hard copy and electronic files).
- Available to travel for meetings.
- Available to work outside of business hours.
Events and Communications (20%)
- Event planning and coordination for program, donor and board events (note: our events are comparatively simple and mostly online) .
- Collaborate with the team for memorable event development and execution.
- Where applicable, seek out event sponsorships and donated goods.
- Manage travel arrangements.
- Website updates and communications as needed.
- Assist the applicable teams for tchotchke (promotional items and gifts) acquisition.
- Manage outbound mailings of said tchotchkes, cards or other materials (we love to surprise and delight).
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 3-7 years of experience as an Executive Assistant/Administrator, or Operations Lead.
- Sense of humour, purpose or both. This is a tough biz we’re in; purpose and humour gives us our superpowers. 😊
- Fluently bilingual in French and English.
- Previous events management experience is highly desired.
- Trauma informed and Anti Oppression / Anti-Racist framework brought to the work.
- A passion for social impact.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree relevant to the position will be considered an asset, but not essential (our CEO is a high school drop out). 😊
- A combination of lived experience and non academic credentials is also valued.
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter HERE (link) by August 27, 2021. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Thank you, in advance, for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.