Manager, Communications & Donor Relations
Salary Range: $50,875- $71,102.
WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti’elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and gender diverse individuals to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces and growing (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
We are a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-workplace innovation (we think strategically about building an ideal remote/hybrid working environment), pro-mom, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, experienced, self-motivated go-getter who is excited about the opportunity to work and grow in a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity.
This position plays a fundamental role in the growing Development and Communications team of Up With Women. Reporting to the Director, working closely with the CEO and cross functionally with programs and administrative departments, you would be the hub of communications for the organization. This role will also develop strategies for annual donor segments and lead a growing portfolio of corporate relationships, while supporting the cultivation and stewardship of all donors.
This role is perfect for you if you are a self-motivated, passionate and experienced communications professional with experience working in a fundraising organization. You are excited by the growth potential of our organization and building a communications and donor relations portfolio that builds awareness of Up With Women / Exponenti’elles and leads to sustainable growth and engagement within our donor portfolio.
HOW WE WORK
Up With Women/Exponenti’elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation.
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
- Our work environment is evolving. We are dedicated to providing a productive and collaborative remote working experience for all staff. We also have learned from experience that some face to face is important to being able to nurture the culture, creativity, interconnection and psychological safety of our team. Currently, our staff work mostly from home, and it is still a requirement to come into the office about once a month or every six weeks, as well as when required by your manager or the organization.*
- Ability to also travel within Canada will be required.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of our diverse team, your role may include accountabilities that fall under the following categories:
- Develops and implements an annual communications plan and calendar, targeting external stakeholders (donors, prospects, volunteers, community) including digital/social media channels and focussed print publications
- Develop concepts for, writes, and oversees the production of annual report/report to donors, brochures, pledge materials and letters used in direct solicitation to individuals/organizations
- Works with approved vendors to deliver major publications, videos and designed assets that are on brand and message
- Creates compelling communications materials (speeches, powerpoint decks, articles, videos) for various speakers to repurpose and use
- Oversees website changes and updates ensuring content is fresh, current and engaging
- Creates a story database for use across all channels – coach profiles, client profiles, donor profiles, board member list and bios, founder story and more.
- Manages Up With Women’s and Exponenti’elles’ social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram) with the aim of raising awareness and support by creating at least two posts/week
- Monitors and responds to any messages on social media and pass on communications to the appropriate staff member(s) as needed
- Creates a quarterly (minimum) e-newsletter for all stakeholders
- Implements a system of digital metrics to analyze, optimize and strategize on communications focus and plans
- Manages a growing group of corporate, cause-related marketing, and third-party supporters for the organization ensuring agreements are developed within guidelines and that relationships are stewarded and grown, engaging senior staff as required
- Develops and executes strategies to acquire and retain individual and organization supports to the organization (non-major gifts campaigns)
- Designs, implements and keeps up to date systems for tracking annual donations and activities in Salesforce, working closely with Up With Women’s Manager, Technology
- Designs and implements an organization-wide donor stewardship plan
- Ensures all gifts are acknowledged, thanked and receipted with the gift processing team and through Canada Helps
- Works with the CEO and Director to set fundraising budget goals and a critical path to ensure annual targets are met
- With the CEO and Director, works with the Board of Directors and committees to roll out a giving program as well as to identify and cultivate prospective supporters and engage
- Coordinates donor renewal emails and donor thank you social media campaigns
- Coordinates donor stewardship activities for major corporate partners (i.e. lunch and learn, social media shout outs, and more)
- Produces customized donor stewardship reports
- Ensures all donors are recognized in communication channels equitably and in keeping with donor agreements
- Coordinates and oversees special events as needed (“Friendraisers”, Donor Appreciation activities, Luminato event, etc.)
- Represents Up With Women at meetings with donors and at public events as needed
- Note taking when assigned in meetings and sharing actions internally
- Participation in organization meetings
- Produces meaningful communications and fundraising reports in Salesforce for the CEO, Board and committees as necessary
- From time to time may support the programs team on approved communications-related projects/tasks
Other duties assigned as required.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required. Bilingualism in French and English would be considered a plus.
- Minimum three to five years experience in a fundraising environment, with progression.
- Demonstrated experience in raising funds and growing relationships.
- Strong communications skills with demonstrated writing and design skills.
- Exceptional relationship management and customer service skills.
- High level of attention to detail with superior time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize the management of multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be a successful team player and work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to interact successfully with peers, prospects, donors, staff and faculty.
- Evidence of leadership, initiative, tact and diplomacy is required.
- High computer literacy skills.
- Trauma informed.
- Experience working with vendors including developing creative briefs, executing projects, ensuing communications and marketing materials are effective and on brand.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or relevant to the position will be considered an asset, but not essential.
- A combination of lived experience and non-academic credentials is also valued.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter here by January 30, 2023. Thank you, in advance, for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.
*Management reserves the right to determine at its discretion whether all or certain groups of employees may have to work from the office, depending on operational needs.