WHO WE ARE
Up With Women / Exponenti’elles is a national charity dedicated to helping recently homeless and at-risk women and non-binary folks to build a sustainable pathway out of poverty. Currently serving in 4 provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec), Up With Women/Exponenti’elles is committed to serving our clients in the official language of their choice, anywhere within our service areas.
We are a team of passionate, innovative professionals, most with lived experience of the intersecting issues of poverty. We are flexible, pro-mom, pro-mental health, pro-human, and we are proud to be building a healthy and fun workplace together.
HOW WE WORK
Up With Women/Exponenti’elles hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodation.
We are committed to work-life flexibility and remote work, providing a 35 hour – on average – workweek, birthdays off, and other benefits. Details of your flexible working relationship are to be established between you and your Supervisor.
If you share our passion for gender equity and poverty reduction, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $70,000 based on experience.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a creative, experienced, self-motivated go-getter who is excited about the opportunity to work and grow in a proven, innovative and entrepreneurial high-impact charity. This role is a one-year, renewable contract.
If you are an purpose-driven, passionate and experienced partnerships developer and program and people manager, excited to grow our agency relationships and program delivery in Western Canada, we want to hear from you! Your track record, insights, innovation and passion for building strong agency relationships will help shape our program delivery and impact.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, you would be responsible for growing and delivering our key program activities in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. This includes and is not limited to, outreach, recruitment, interviewing, vetting, training, onboarding, client and volunteer support, program events, and program conclusion.
You will be accountable for meeting partner development and program delivery targets and growing our program opportunities to align with the strategic plan.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As part of our energetic team, you will:
- Develop and maintain partnerships with various community agencies and organizations, shelters, drop-ins, neighborhood, immigrant and health programs and centers and local government agencies.
- Deliver informative and engaging presentations to agencies and prospective agency partners and clients, virtually and/or in person.
- Recruit volunteer professional coaches and build relationships with coach associations and schools.
- Meet key program targets such as the number of agencies/clients recruited.
- Work with the team to help build the coach and other skilled volunteer communities, assisting with the development of educational professional development sessions and group meetings.
- Develop and facilitate group sessions for clients and volunteers.
- Help recruit, interview and train new staff, clients and volunteers.
- Where needed, you will help interview and select clients and skilled volunteers for the Career Coaching program.
- Set priorities and recognize emergencies to be acted on and carry out these priorities.
Operations and Fundraising
- Assist in local fundraising, including presenting, grant and proposal writing, setting up major donor meetings, and fundraising or thank you events as needed.
- Upon request, attend meetings to represent UWW and ensure follow-up.
- Coordinate complex operational services including, but not limited to, scheduling, planning, preparing documents and detailed project plans.
- Review and analyze correspondence and documents received and, when required, synthesize the required documents and propose actions.
- Prepare letters, reports, or other documents
- Cooperate directly with other members of the UWW team to obtain the information necessary for the preparation of documents for UWW Leadership.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- 4-9 years of experience in for-profit, non-profits, social impact organizations, government or community agencies.
- Previous experience working in Non-Profits, Social Impact Organizations, Charities, Government or Community Agencies, including internships, is highly desired.
- Experience in the for-profit world is also appreciated.
- Trauma informed and Anti Oppression / Anti-Racist framework brought to the work.
- A passion for social impact.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree relevant to the position will be considered an asset, but not essential (our CEO is a high school drop out). 😊
- A combination of lived experience and non academic credentials is also valued.
- If you are fluently bilingual in French and English we will be over the moon!
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2021. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Thank you, in advance, for applying. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.